Rory S. Coetzee
Rory S. Coetzee graduated from Trinity Law School in 2008 and was licensed to practice law in California in December of that same year. While at Trinity Law School, he participated in the school's Moot Court program, was the recipient of the Dean's Scholarship, and was awarded the prestigious Amjur Award for academic excellence in the area of Criminal Procedure. He was also elected to serve as a representative on the student body counsel.
A native of South Africa, Mr. Coetzee immigrated to the United States in 1998 and attended Texas Wesleyan University in Fort Worth, Texas where he graduated with Cum Laude honors and received a Bachelors of Science Degree with an emphasis in both Political Science and Paralegal Studies.
Prior to founding R.S.C. Law Group, Mr. Coetzee worked for five years as a senior associate attorney at The Law Firm of J. Hector Moreno, Jr. & Associates, one of the most prestigious and preeminent family law firms in San Jose, California. During Mr. Coetzee's time at The Law Firm of J. Hector Moreno, Jr. & Associates, he focused his practice on high-conflict family law litigation, which allowed him to become familiar and accustom to dealing with the most complex issues in the family law arena. Prior to that, and while still in law school, Mr. Coetzee spent two years serving as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Robert Monarch of the Orange County Superior Court. He also held an externship position with the Orange County District Attorney's office.
While Mr. Coetzee's practice is now focused primarily on family law matters, he has also successfully represented clients in the areas of business litigation, real estate litigation, and personal injury litigation. Mr. Coetzee has represented clients in all manner of legal disputes, and has always dedicated his efforts to ensure that he represents all of his clients with excellence, compassion and knowledge of the law.
- California, 2008
- Trinity Law School, Santa Ana, California
- Honors: Moot Court Program
- Honors: Dean’s Scholarship, 2007
- Honors: Amjur Award, Criminal Procedure, 2007
- Honors: Elected to serve as a Representative on the Student Body Counsel
- Texas Wesleyan University, Fort Worth, Texas
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Paralegal Studies
Honors and Awards
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2015
- Judge Pro Tem Volunteer Appreciation Award, Santa Clara County Family Law Court, 2015
- Client's Choice Award, Avvo, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Monterey County Bar Association, 2014 to Present
- Monterey County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2014 to Present
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, 2009 to Present
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2009 to Present
- American Bar Association, 2009 to Present
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2009 to Present
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, 2009 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Robert Monarch, Orange County Superior Court, Judicial Law Clerk
- Orange County's District Attorney’s Office, Extern
- The Law Firm of J. Hector Moreno, Jr. & Associates, Senior Associate
Pro Bono Activities
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Judge Pro Tem, 2015 to Present